Sewage Damage Cleanup !
Unlike clean water, the black water involved in sewage damage (classed as Category 3 water) is “grossly contaminated and can contain pathogenic, toxigenic or other harmful agents”. Any sewage damage, big or small, should be cleaned as soon as possible in order to prevent cross contamination of bacteria and viruses such as E-coli to other unaffected areas.
According to the IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration, sewage clean up should be done by experienced and trained technicians equipped by full protective suites, gloves, masks and using special machines such as air scrubbers and dehumidifiers. The restorer must remove and dispose of any affected material such as drywall, insulation, carpet and pad. Simply drying these materials and leaving them in place can result in harmful agents being left in the area.
Unique Home & Mold Inspection Co. using state of the art equipment and professional technicians, will provide you with a complete clean up procedure for any scale of sewage damage, small or disaster.
Our procedure in most sewage damage restoration will include:
- Assessment of the affected areas
- Planning a course of action with the property owner/ manager
- Water and sewage extraction and removal
- Demolition of non-salvageable materials
- The use of drying equipment
- Removal of non-salvageable materials
- Clean-up and sanitizing
- Daily moisture inspection and monitoring
- Detailed report and certificate of the water mitigation service