A typical residential inspection consists of the following:
- Visually inspect the property for signs of water intrusion and mold growth.
- Measure moisture in the air (Humidity)
- Measure moisture in the walls, ceilings etc. to locate any sources of mold growth
- Take swab samples of any visible mold, or if no visible mold is present
- Take air samples in areas of concern. A standard inspection would be two indoor air samples and one outdoor sample. The outdoor sample establishes a reference or baseline for normal mold levels in an area, that are then compared to the indoor samples.
Price for a three sample inspection is $450.00, This includes lab fees for the sample analysis.
For a limited or spot inspection, such as a bedroom closet, a single sample may be all that is required.
Price for a single sample inspection is $300.00, including lab fee for the sample analysis.
For larger houses or commercial properties, the number of samples will vary. Additional samples after the first 3 are charged at the rate of $75 each.
Turnaround time for sample analysis by a certified lab is 24 working hours.
Same day reports are available at extra cost.